Sunday, February 13, 2011

Remembering Loved Ones


Typically on February 14th, we share a card, candy, flowers, etc with our loved ones to express how much they mean to us. As Valentine's Day approaches, I can't help but think about loved ones that are no longer with us. Some I may have never known personally, while others were apart of my everyday life.


Kudlacek's
I will always remember Sunday dinners at Nanny's and our shopping trips for clothes and candy. And how can I forget about getting the dollar bill in EVERY birthday card!!! Most of the memories that I have about my Papa are from stories told to me. Sounds like Carla and I had a blast with you on our outings to stores as well. Not sure the stories are appropriate for the internet though :)


Scearce's
Easter egg hunts, homemade birthday cakes, and trips to the lake are just a few of the things that come to mind as I think about Grandma and Grandpa Scearce. Grandpa, I am not sure how many times I mistakenly took your spit cup for my coke!!

Uncle Stephen, for your time on Earth was extremely short, your life is remembered and told through pictures. I could only imagine what kind of "trouble" you would have gotten in hanging out with your siblings.


So as you go and celebrate Valentines' Day, charish the memories from the past as well as the memories that you are making with those loved ones who are still with you!

Happy Valentines' Day

No comments: